Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
1. PTA Position? Communications Chair (Newsletter, Website, Twitter, Facebook, Emails); and Reflections Program Chair. I am also on the Pinellas County Council PTA and serve there as Media Coordinator and Newsletter Chair.
2. How many kids / grandkids? How many at Plumb? I have nine grandchildren, with one at Plumb Elementary. My grandson, Kierian Hurst, is in Mrs. Campbell's 5th Grade class.
3. How long have you been involved in Plumb Elementary PTA? I have been involved in Plumb Elementary PTA for three years. My
Mom was always a part of PTA when I was growing up, even PTA President for most of my High School years. Her involvement
taught me the value of the PTA and how important that connection between the
parents and teachers is for the well being of the school and the students, so I
want to be a part of that here at Plumb!
4. Describe yourself in three words. My
husband is very much the introvert, so he constantly tells me how OUTGOING I
am. I like to think of myself as TENACIOUS
and spunky, though my Board member cohorts may consider me persistent and relentless
with a touch of stubborn! I have been a
musician (pianist) all of my life, and have a BFA in Communication with an emphasis in Graphic and Web Design, so CREATIVE
comes to mind.
5. If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? I
would love to meet Barbara Streisand!
She has been a singing and acting inspiration to me for a long
time. I always admired her ability to
portray such a range of emotions, from humor to pathos, in her movies….. and,
oh, that VOICE!
6. What is the most unusual job you have ever had? I
was Night Manager/Auditor at the 500 room Holiday Inn Downtown in Atlanta, Georgia
for three years. Oh, the stories I can
tell, from getting robbed at gun-point, to having to figure out how to restore
the telephone system that completely went off-line in the middle of a huge
storm, in the middle of the night, so we could wake up 500 guests in the morning!
7. What makes you laugh? My
husband makes me laugh! He has a very
dry wit that I totally appreciate, and continues to catch me off-guard and
entertain. He has kept me laughing for
the last 38 years.
8. Name an item on your bucket list.
have a bucket list and at the very top is “Go sky diving”….. Anybody want to go
9. What is your favorite thing about Plumb Elementary School?
favorite thing about Plumb Elementary is the Teachers, and their obvious
concern for the education of their students.
I have personally witnessed them going above and beyond on many
occasions. It is so reassuring to know
that we can rely on them to take our students’ welfare to heart.
10. What is your favorite thing about Plumb Elementary PTA? My
favorite thing about Plumb Elementary PTA
is the opportunities that come my way, just by being a part of it, to help enhance children’s lives and “pay it forward”, if even just a little bit.